Thanks to our friends at Waitrose, Vegans needn’t miss out on one of the best roast trimmings out there ever again. This vegan friendly Yorkshire pudding recipe uses chickpeas and is simply delicious.
Ingredients (makes 6)
Prep. time: 10 minutes, plus resting
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100g self-raising flour
- 25g gram flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100ml juice from can of chick peas
- 250ml dairy-free unsweetened milk alternative
- Preheat the oven to 220C, gas mark 7. Divide the oil between a 6-hole muffin tin and place in the oven.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour, gram flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt and good grinding of pepper. Whisk together the chick pea juice and milk alternative then beat into the dry ingredients until smooth; pour into a large jug.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin and place in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes then turn down the oven to 190C, gas mark 5 (don’t open the door) and bake for a further 15 minutes until crisp, golden brown and cooked all the way through.
If time allows, make the batter an hour or so in advance and leave to rest before baking.